Turning passion into profession.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Welcome to The Write Thrill!

Hello bloggies!

Firstly I would like to say thanks for taking the time and visiting my blog! I am thrilled to have you here and I hope that I will see you here many times again. :)

For my first blog I thought I would give you a bit of an insight into who I am and what my blog will be about. I am a 23-year old student from a small town in Ontario, Canada. Right now I am on summer vacation, but in September I will be studying for my MSW - Masters of Social Work. I am concentrating my studies on criminology and hope to work in the field of victim rehabilitation and grief counseling.

As you can probably see, I have an interest in crime in all facets. From why someone committed a crime, what led them to that place in their life, to what the aftermath of a crime is like for all those involved including victims, victims families, police officers, etc. I think that world is completely fascinating and that is probably what led me to choosing murder mysteries as my genre of choice. You can tell from my favourite authors list, which includes Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs, and James Patterson to name a few, that I also enjoy reading that genre. I believe everybody interprets crime differently, and it is fascinating to see how different people bring it to life on the page. I hope one day that I will be able to have my thoughts published for all to read!

Now that you know a bit more about me and about my genre, it's time to know a bit more about the blog itself. I decided to start this blog because I know it is a great networking tool for up-and-coming authors. I enjoy reading many author blogs, and have loved seeing them go from unpublished dreamers to best-selling authors. Watching the journey take place for someone is such a thrilling ride. I would love to connect with fellow authors and share my own journey, wherever it leads me, with you.

I was going to go with a structured blog schedule, but I have realized that those are a little hard to follow right out of the gate. For the beginning I have decided I will just blog when I can, about whatever is in my head at the time. Obviously it will have a focus on writing but will also have some fun stuff too.

And there you have it. Phew. I know, that was long-winded, but if you stuck through it, thanks! I am excited to start this new chapter of my life and cannot wait to meet tons of new writer and reader friends through this experience!

Sincerely Stephanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

© The Write Thrill, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena